If you would like to speak to our team about any concerns you have, find out about our services and clinic opening hours, book a telephone consultation or make an appointment have a look around this website or call our freephone number 0300 123 5474, open 8.00am - 8.00pm 7 days a week*.
Alternatively, you can book an appointment online.
How the freephone number works
The freephone number is manned by a team of experienced and helpful call handlers employed by Wirral Community Health and Care NHS Foundation Trust. This team receive and support calls for a wide range of services and do not have specialist sexual health knowledge, but can help you to book an appointment or provide signposting advice.
- Between the hours of 9.00am - 5.00pm call handlers will transfer calls that require clinical advice or guidance though to the sexual health team.
- Outside of these hours and during weekends the freephone number is predominantly an appointment booking and signposting phone line. Staff manning calls out of hours will be unable to give advice, discuss clinical or in-depth aspects of sexual health and contraception or the services we offer.
Registering for an advice call
- If you would like to register for an advice call please book online. You will be asked for your details and a short description of the advice or support you require. Your online request will be sent directly to a sexual health nurse who will call you back before 7.00pm.
- If you register for an advice call after 7.00pm you will be called back the following day between 9.00am - 7.00pm.
- If you register for an advice call after 7.00pm on a Friday or over the weekend one of our nurses will call you back before 7.00pm the following Monday.
Feedback from our patients and visitors is really important to us and helps us improve and develop our services. Whether it's a compliment, comment or concern we'd love to hear from you.
If you have visited one of our clinics, accessed our website to book an appointment, requested an STI postal test kit or visited one of our partner pharmacies or GPs please tell us about your experience.
You can leave you details and our patient experience lead will call you back or you can complete our simple and anonymous feedback form below.
We will often use patient feedback and comments for staff training purposes and as examples of good practice, however these are always anonymised.