Phased re-opening of our clinics
Our priority is to keep you and our staff safe.
Currently, we are only able to see patients who we have been assessed over the telephone and made arrangements to see in clinic .We are doing this to keep our waiting areas and clinic rooms safe and socially distanced for the benefit of you and our staff.
You have received this information because we have spoken to you and arranged for you to attend one of our clinics very soon.
We want to make your visit as safe as possible - we’ve made some changes to our clinic areas and buildings and introduced guidance that you’ll need to follow. Please read this important information prior to attending your appointment.
Once we have booked you an appointment:
If we have booked your appointment for more than 24 hours in advance you will receive a call from a member of our team who will ask you whether you are experiencing any of the main symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) as described at the bottom of this page.
Attending your appointment:
When attending your appointment please remember to stay safe and stay well by following these steps:
- Wear a face covering when entering any of our clinic buildings
- Gel your hands upon on arrival and on arrival in the clinic waiting room
- Keep a two metre distance from other people in the building
- Come on your own* unless we have pre-arranged with you to bring somebody (eg partner for medication)
*If you feel vulnerable, have a carer or have anxieties about attending your appointment alone please speak to us in advance so that we can support you the best way we can. Anyone who attends your appointment with you without pre-arrangement will be asked to leave the building and wait outside.
Please do not bring children to your appointment. If childcare is an issue please contact us to rearrange a more suitable appointment - we will be reserving some evening appointment slots for this purpose.
We ask that you make every effort to attend your appointment on time. We recommend you give yourself some extra time when planning your journey, as there may be controlled access though the main entrances of our buildings to keep atriums and main reception areas safe - we understand if you are a little late due to these restrictions.
Attending your appointment on time will ensure our waiting rooms can accommodate safe capacity for social distancing.
You’ll also notice that our clinic areas look and feel different:
- Clinic areas will seem quieter as there are less people in the building
- All patients/visitors will be wearing face coverings
- Staff will be wearing face masks or personal protective equipment (PPE)
- You will see hand gel stations dotted around, we recommend you use these at every
- The café areas in St Catherine’s Heath Centre and Victoria Central Health Centre will
- Lifts will be fully operational in all buildings. Please observe the restrictions on the
maximum number of people allowed
- New floor markings outlining one way systems in corridors and clinic areas
- Our waiting rooms have been redesigned to offer very limited seating and restricted chairs. If we are at full capacity we may ask you to wait in an alternative safe area until we are ready to see you
- Posters indicating red and green areas (these are for staff)
- Our self-arrival kiosk has been removed and the reception desk has a perspex screen in place
All of the above changes have been put in place to maximise safety when attending clinic appointments at our service.
Please do not attend your appointment if you have:
- a high temperature - this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough - this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste - this means you've noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
- been asked to self-isolate
For more information visit the NHS website.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.