Information & support
LGBT stands for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender. The term is intended to describe a diversity of sexuality and gender identity-based cultures.
We are an LGBT friendly service and our team regularly attends equality & diversity training & updates. We pride ourselves on being an open and non-judgmental service.
Although we do not offer any bespoke services aimed at the LGBT community, we do work closely with local partners to ensure we are listening and responding to the needs of all diversities. Our partners include:
- Brook Wirral
Support group for any young person aged 14-18 who identifies as LGBTQ+ and unsure
- Gires(Gender Identity Research and Education Society)
Information, advice, support, advocacy, training and volunteering opportunities for LGBT people in Wirral
- NHS Choices
Information and support
- LGBT Foundation
National charity delivering a wide range of services to lesbian, gay and bisexual and trans (LGBT) communities
If you have any concerns relating to LGBT issues or are unsure about your sexual health and risks, please take a look at the information below provided by NHS Choices.
- Sexual health for lesbian and bisexual women
- Sexual health for gay and bisexual men
- Transgender health
- A guide for trans people who have been affected by sexual violence
- A guide for gay and bisexual men who have been affected by sexual violence
- A guide for lesbian and bisexual women who have been affected by sexual violence