Our Psychosexual Service is run by an experienced team of therapists. The team provide help and support around sexual, relational, gender and sexual diversity issues.
Our therapists are aware that it can be very difficult to talk about such personal issues and are here to help and support you.
Some of the most common problems we see in our clinics include:
- erectile difficulties
- vaginismus (involuntary tightening of the vaginal muscles)
- dyspareunia (pain during or after sex)
- reduced or increased sexual desire
- difficulty having an orgasm
- premature ejaculation
Our team provides dedicated help and support to all gender and sexually diverse communities across Wirral including:
- LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender)
- BDSM (bondage, discipline, sadism and masochism)
- kink and fetish (similar to BDSM, but people refer to it as ‘kink’ - a fetish is when people get enhanced sexual pleasure from feet, shoes, leather etc)
- open relationships (where there is a primary relationship, but one or both partners have sex separately with other people with the consent of their primary partner)
- poly relationships (where people have other relationships (not just sex) with other people with the consent of their primary partner if there is one)
- swinging (where a couple and/or individuals have sex with other couples/individuals. Different from open relationships, as this is an activity couples do together)
We offer a full & comprehensive assessment and support during the various stages of transition.
We also have strong links with a specialist team who may offer hormone therapy to those who meet certain criteria.
Accessing our service
If you feel you require support for any of the above please contact your GP who can refer you to our specialised service.