January 2021 - Important service updates and changes to delivery (COVID-19)
With COVID-19 rates rising in Wirral we MUST urge people to stay at home and only attend our service by arrangement and when absolutely necessary.
- Appointments: Please only contact us to book an appointment clinic if you feel your need is urgent, you are experiencing pain or symptoms, or you feel in danger, unsafe or vulnerable. We are booking VERY limited face-to-face appointments at our clinic venue. Each request will be assessed and triaged by a clinician and only those who meet our urgent criteria for care will be asked to attend the clinic if no other solution can be found.
- Contraception: If we usually provide your oral contraception, other measures are in place to support you to access supplies e.g. video/telephone consultations and postal medication where appropriate. During this time, some regular methods of contraception may have to temporarily change as we are unable to provide routine coil and implant appointments (insertion, replacement or removal).
- Emergency contraception: This is available for free from a range of Wirral pharmacies who supply it from their community premises in partnership with our service. Many are offering telephone consultations and collection. More information can be found at Pharmacy Services.
- Free postal STI kits: Tests are still available online, but we ask in these difficult times that you only request a kit if you have symptoms of an infection or feel you have taken a recent sexual health risk. Asymptomatic testing /screening (your regular ‘check up’ when you don’t have symptoms) is not advised during the pandemic to help protect and support local laboratory resource.
- STI treatment / medication: This continues to be provided for diagnosed STIs, using virtual and postal platforms, where appropriate. If you have received a positive test result for an STI, or have had sexual contact with somebody who has tested positive please contact us on 0300 1235474
*please note we will not be offering routine crythotherapy (treatment for genital warts) until further notice.
Our phone line 0300 1235474 remains open Mon – Friday, 8.00am - 5.00pm to help you with your concerns and questions. You can also find a wide range of information, advice and signposting that you may find helpful throughout our website.
These are unprecedented times and we must protect our patients, colleagues, communities, ourselves and each other.
We thank you for your support and understanding.
Stay at Home: Protect the NHS: Save Lives