Sexual Health Wirral provides free & confidential information, advice and treatments for people living in Wirral regardless of age, ethnicity, gender or sexuality. We offer sexual health screenings (tests), treatment, advice & contraception to men and women of all ages, as well as support for those who are having problems with their sexual health.
We provide treatment, advice and assessments relating to:
- contraception: all methods, including free condoms, emergency contraception and long-term reversible contraception (LARC)
- chlamydia and gonorrhea screening
- National Chlamydia Screening Programme (15-24 year olds)
- specialist contraception service for individuals with complex needs
- pregnancy testing and advice
- referral for abortion
- testing for sexually transmitted infections (STIs)
- cervical smears by appointment only (invitation letter must have been received)
- HIV testing
- psychosexual counselling and specialist services
Why choose us?
- drop-in clinics seven days a week across five locations (appointments are available for some procedures)
- fully accessible clinics
- interpreters (to be booked in advance)
- same sex clinics at two of our sites: St Catherine’s Health Centre and Arrowe Park Hospital
- specialist clinics for young people six days a week
- weekend and evening clinics
- young person friendly accredited clinics
- online booking
- chlamydia postal testing kits
- same sex clinics
- young person clinics (Young Person Friendly accreditation)
- evening and weekend clinics
- safe, discreet and confidential environment
For more information about our service or to speak to a member of the team please call 0151 514 6464.
What our patients say about us…
‘The nurse put me at ease and was extremely helpful and friendly.’
‘I was treated excellently by staff and made so feel very relaxed.’
‘The staff here are most helpful. I’ve seen the same nurse three times now and she always makes me so at ease. I highly recommend her.’
‘The staff were brilliant. They really made my experience as casual and less uncomfortable than it had to be. An awesome service.’
Some of our patients may need additional support to help them when they use our service. If you or a family member has any special needs or learning difficulties, we can often see you by prior arrangement. To speak to the Link Team please call 0151 514 6471 (please note this is the telephone number for the Link Team only).
We also provide information about contraception and sexual health in easy read format.
Carers and health professionals are welcome to talk to us about their patients and the possibility of arranging a consultation by calling us on the number above.
Take a look at our easy read leaflets.